“Contactless” access to benefits and claimsFriday, Jun 12, 2020
Now that many businesses and services are starting to reopen, learn more about in-person health care visits and how to use our digital tools for “contactless” access to your benefits.
COVID-19 has turned us all topsy-turvy, but BC has done a superb job in flattening our curve and many businesses and services are starting to reopen.
We’re pretty excited that health care providers have ramped up—dentists, physiotherapists, massage therapists, and chiropractors (and many others) are seeing patients again—which means you’ll be able to start using your benefits to take care of your health and wellbeing needs! Here’s what to expect with your in-person visits.
Dr. Bonnie Henry and her public health colleagues continue to advise that we stay safe, wash our hands regularly, and try to keep physical distance from others as much as possible. Pacific Blue Cross has been working hard to deliver “contactless” ways of interacting with us.
Digital tools simplify the process
We’ve seen a huge growth in the use of our digital channels to access benefit coverages, make claims, and buy personal health, critical illness, and travel coverage. In 2019, 88% of our total claims (and 93% of claims from providers) were submitted electronically, our mobile app downloads increased by 36% (logging 1.4 million digital interactions), and almost half of our individual products were sold online.
If you haven’t used our digital tools in the past, here’s what we have on offer:
- Register for Member Profile (or download the Pacific Blue Cross mobile app) to find out your benefit coverages and usage and submit your claims online.
- Make sure your health provider offers insta-claim to get your claim paid on the spot (if not, encourage them to register with us).
- Get home delivery of medications with members of our preferred pharmacy network.
- Find easy access through our mobile app to Babylon by TELUS Health, which allows you to consult with a doctor online, and Medimap, a service that lets you look up wait times at walk-in clinics in your community.
- Buy personal health insurance and trip protection and emergency medical coverage when travelling outside of BC.
You can always check our COVID-19 Resource Centre for mental health supports, frequently asked questions, and other ways of managing your health and wellbeing during COVID-19.