When your situation changes, we're here for you.
If the health coverage provided by your employer is about to end or has recently
ended, we've designed a plan that offers you the opportunity to continue to receive
the security you're used to.
Blue Choice Conversion lets you continue health and dental coverage without interruption
so you and your family can enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing you're
protected from the financial hardship of unexpected health costs.
Your group plan doesn't even need to have been provided by Blue Cross. Blue Choice
Conversion is available for the initial transfer from any recognized Canadian group
benefits plan within 60 days as long as you have been covered for at least 6 months
under a group plan. And there's no need to complete a medical questionnaire, so
there's no need to worry about prescription medications that you're already taking.
Blue Choice Conversion plan is the right option for:
- Workers who are retiring
- Employees who are moving from full-time to part-time and are no longer eligible
- Workers who have been laid off
- Workers who leave a group plan to pursue self-employment
- Workers leaving employment who have existing medical concerns
- Overage dependents that are no longer eligible for coverage under their parents