Changes to your benefit plan: What you need to know
The BC Public School Employers’ Association (BCPSEA) and the BC Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) negotiated the Standardized Provincial Extended Health Care Plan with improvements made January 1, 2023. Changes effective January 1, 2023 include:
- Addition of Registered Clinical Counsellors and Registered Social Workers to existing Psychologist coverage.
- Increased counselling coverage to $1,200
- increased Chiropractic coverage to $1,000;
- increased Massage Therapist coverage to $1,000
- increased Physiotherapist coverage to $1,000
- increased Acupuncturist coverage to $1,000.
For additional reference to the new prescription drug program, please refer to the following documents for more information:
- At-a-glance guide: Teachers Standardized Provincial Extended Health Care Plan
- What You Need to Know About BlueRx
- BlueRx Approval Forms
Price comparison tool
Pharmacy Compass is a free web-based tool that shows you the average cost per pill of brand name and generic equivalent prescription medications sold as tablets and capsules. It also shows dispensing fees at different pharmacies.
Preferred Pharmacy Network
Show your Pacific Blue Cross ID card at any PPN location in BC to take advantage of these savings.
- Lower prices on all prescription drugs
- Lower dispensing fees
- Assistance with high cost, Special Authority drug coverage
- Refill reminders
Visit Pacific Blue Cross' Preferred Pharmacy Network for more information.
*Pacific Blue Cross follows BC PharmaCare maximum pricing policies. Mark-up maximum is currently 8% for most drugs listed with BC PharmaCare drugs, 15% for most other non-PharmaCare listed drugs and 5% for select higher cost medications.