New virtual care benefit for group clients offers access to health care all day, every dayTuesday, Nov 10, 2020
Plan members can get the health care they need, when they need it from EQ Care, Canada’s premiere virtual care provider.
Pacific Blue Cross is announcing the next phase of our roll-out of EQ Care—the launch of our new virtual care benefit option for British Columbia’s group marketplace.
EQ Care’s high-quality virtual care service is already part of our benefit offering for individual health plans as well as our Vancity and Blue Chip small-to mid-size group product; making it available for our group clients to purchase allows us to further improve access to health care for British Columbians.
We’re always looking for ways to adapt our products and services to meet the changing needs of our members, particularly in the COVID-19 era. Virtual care is one example of a “contactless” service that enables immediate access to health care no matter where in the province our members live. And it comes in addition to the range of digital, virtual, and telehealth care services from the Pacific Blue Cross provider network.
What you need to know
- By rolling our virtual care benefits in phases, we’ve built a strong relationship with EQ Care along with a streamlined process to onboard group clients and members.
- The virtual care benefit can be added at any time through our standard amendment process and included in your client’s monthly invoice.
- We confirm eligibility and send the data to EQ Care on a monthly basis.
- Plan members simply register with EQ Care online or through the app on their smartphone or tablet, and can access their services anytime they need medical assistance—there are no limits.
- Members can see their coverage for virtual care on Member Profile or on the Pacific Blue Cross member app.
- Virtual care is different from telemedicine. Telemedicine is typically only open during business hours and doctor consults are by appointment only.
- The new virtual care benefit helps you generate additional revenue in the large group/ASO market.
A value-added benefit offering for employers
Virtual care enables employees to see a health care provider without leaving work. It’s been shown to reduce the incidence and duration of casual absences, “presenteeism”, helping to attract and retain employees and improve employee satisfaction.
About EQ Care
EQ Care is Canada’s premier virtual care provider with 30 years in Canadian health care. They offer plan members a secure, personalized approach by pairing them with a care manager that coordinates the care experience—including follow up tests, referrals to specialists or mental health professionals, and prescriptions.
If a prescription is needed, the care manager will provide it electronically to the member’s preferred pharmacy, where most pharmacies can arrange to have them delivered. To help manage the plan’s overall drug costs, EQ Care can also send e-Prescriptions to our Preferred Pharmacy Network partners.
EQ Care also offers access to mental health and health and wellness services (i.e. dieticians and social workers) as well as medication reviews for an additional cost that is billed to the member at the therapist’s hourly rate.
Speak to your Account Executive for more information on this new benefit option.